Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Finised a project!

Over the weekend I finished another hat project. I'm really enjoying the "instant gratification" aspect of knitting small projects such as hats. I finished up the Lace Leaf Hat project on Sunday morning.I think it turned out pretty well. It was knit on size 5 16" circulars, using Knit Picks Palette in Lipstick. I really like how the leaf pattern turned out. They really do look like leaves! Here's a close up: I can't wait to wear this hat in Colorado in September! It turned out so good.



I also cast on another hat project this weekend. I'm working on a simple hat that for my hubby. It's a K2P2 ribbing through the whole thing, very easy, a good TV project. I'm knitting it up with Lion brands Fisherman's Wool in the Natural Brown color. I'm about half way through the body of the hat, I hope to either start on the crown decreases this weekend or have it finished before the weekend rolls around.

I'm desperately trying to finish up my mystery shawl. I already decided to opt-out of the knitted on boarder. I'm just going to do an extra knit round and then bind off with larger needles. I just want it to be done. I didn't realize how long the final chart section was going to take. I can only get about two, maybe three, rounds done before I have to put it down and switch to something else.


I also started on some mittens from my Selbuvotter book. I chose what I thought looked to be one of the easier patterns to knit up. I'm just on the ribbing of the cuff, but I hope to have these done by November. That might be pushing it, but I'm going to try.

I'm using Knit Picks Palette in Black and Fog. I think they will turn out good. They will be my third stranded knitting projects ever. I completed two hats earlier this year. I can't wait to get into the body of the mittens and the real color work! It's going to be a challenge, but I'm up for it.

Until next time!

~~HAPPY KNITTING~~

No comments: